Who makes a great linen shirt?

HeartMD

United States
Indiana
Zionsville
How about cotton-linen shirts? Less wrinkle prone than pure linen. I was looking for some slightly dressier options for summer, and can't find many who make them.

burnedandfrozen

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
CA
Los Angeles
I thrift a lot of my shirts and I love linen and have many from different manufacturers. Overall, Brooks Bothers is a good choice as is Faconable. For short sleeve shirts Tommy Bahama makes some good linen shirts.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
I am inclined to echo burnedandfrozen's recommendations, but must caution that on more than one occasion I have found Tommy Bahama shirts to run on the small size, with Tails that were a bit short for my tastes. JUst my perspective! ;)

paxonus

United States
California
Los Angeles
^^
I am inclined to echo burnedandfrozen's recommendations, but must caution that on more than one occasion I have found Tommy Bahama shirts to run on the small size, with Tails that were a bit short for my tastes. JUst my perspective! ;)
I have had just the opposite experierience with Tommy Bahamas. I have a couple of short sleeve linen shirts. I normally wear a medium, but in the TB's I need a small.

never behind

United States
IN
Zionsville
Another vote for Proper Cloth. I just received my first shirt from them in a broad stripe linen and couldn't be more pleased with the result. I used their fit assessment system instead of providing exact measurements. They take shrinkage into account so you don't need to worry about it. The fabric selection is very good. Here is how mine came out:

https://propercloth.com/design-a-shirt/?shirtID=1058965
I’ll vote for PC as well. I haven’t ordered a linen (yet) shirt from them but almost all my shirts are from them. Overall good quality, made to fit and the customer service is outstanding.

@paxonus, how do you rate the fabric? I’ve never owned a linen. I have two of their madras shirts and am thinking of ordering one for a slightly dressier summer shirt for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk