AbeEz

Starting Member
United States
New york
Brooklyn
Was wondering if anyone had any experience regarding the creasing of wholecut oxfords. Does it become unsightly, would anyone not suggest spending 500 to 700 hundred on them if the creases decrease the beauty of the shoe. Does it depend on the quality of the leather? I would plan to wear them 2 to 3 times a week. I was specifically planning to get the wholecut oxfords from carmina.

Dhaller

United States
Georgia
Atlanta
You're not supposed to bend your foot when wearing wholecuts - the movement is in your knees, and you lift your feet about an inch, keeping them parallel to the ground, in a sort of "gliding" motion...

... no, the creases do not decrease the beauty of the shoe. They're an inevitability of human biomechanics anyway, so... it's fine.

DH

smmrfld

United States
California
Pleasanton
If you’re wearing them that often, creases will be the least of your issues. Get back to us in a year and let us know what they look like.

AbeEz

Starting Member
United States
New york
Brooklyn
If you’re wearing them that often, creases will be the least of your issues. Get back to us in a year and let us know what they look like.
Not sure I agree with this. Unless you are referring to something specific in regards to wholecuts. I have carmina shoes for a couple of years still in perfect condition, no wet environments proper leather conditioning etc. Wear them about 3 times a week

AbeEz

Starting Member
United States
New york
Brooklyn
You're not supposed to bend your foot when wearing wholecuts - the movement is in your knees, and you lift your feet about an inch, keeping them parallel to the ground, in a sort of "gliding" motion...

... no, the creases do not decrease the beauty of the shoe. They're an inevitability of human biomechanics anyway, so... it's fine.

DH
Thanks

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
All shoes crease.

Insert shoe trees and otherwise care for your shoes by applying conditioner or cream a few times a year. Don’t abuse them and just enjoy wearing them.

Shawl Lapel

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
DC Area
DC Area
Only you can decide if creases will decrease the beauty of the shoes enough for it not to be worth spending the money. Leather shoes crease, it's just a fact of life.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Not sure I agree with this. Unless you are referring to something specific in regards to wholecuts. I have carmina shoes for a couple of years still in perfect condition, no wet environments proper leather conditioning etc. Wear them about 3 times a week
If you wear your shoes the uppers are going to crease across the vamps and the soles and heels are going to wear away, as you walk in them. It is the nature of the beast, regardless of the specific shoe design! Frankly, to my eye(s) creasing adds character. ;)

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
You can’t just compare the creasing in one shoe to another. Leather is a natural substance/product and every piece of leather used has some differences in property vs. another. There are variations in every leather product and not all will behave the same way.

Creasing is natural. It will happen and is not a sign of a defect.

By chance, would you be able to post pics so that we may have something visual to go off of?

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts