grooming Why Women Love or Hate Men's Body Hair

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by mikel, May 25, 2018.

1. mikel

mikel Partner / Administrator Staff Member

United States
    California
    Los Angeles
    Admin Post
    While I have not specifically asked my wife her opinion on my body hair grooming regime, I definitely know she is not a fan of longer facial hair.

I usually keep my facial hair (goatee) trimmed pretty tight.

But, on the occasion when I let it grow out for a few weeks, I am usually met with some resistance when I am attempting to greet her or say goodbye with some affection.

The subject of Manscaping came up not too long ago while I was attending a conference related to Men's Style, so I thought it would be a fun/interesting topic to tackle.

In the video below, John, from the Youtube channel "40 Over Fashion" asked 4 women what they thought about men's body hair (all of it).

The transcript of the video is here:
    https://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/clothing/style-tips/what-women-think-about-mens-body-hair/

I'm personally in favor of Manscaping, but would be curious to see what others do/think.

Victoria Star likes this.
  2. Shaver

Shaver Connoisseur

England
    Manchester
    I am, surprise surprise, keen on a close pass from the razor. Very few individuals have ever found me in a condition that is less than well shaven. Further, I prefer ladies who appreciate a smooth chin.

I am not so hirsute and when I grew a hairy chest (late 20's) it was rather unexpected.

This said, would I manscape? Does this mean 'sack, back and crack'?

3. mikel

mikel Partner / Administrator Staff Member

United States
    California
    Los Angeles
    Admin Post
    @Shaver it would appear that you and I share a commonality here as it pertains to manscaping :)

"Manscape", means merely to keep oneself trimmed (or fully shaven).

WHERE one manscapes, is entirely another matter - and likely dependent on the amount of foliage one has in different parts of their body o_O:eek:

Clintotron likes this.
  4. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    All my life I've kept the hair on my head trimmed pretty close and other than presuming to grow a closely cropped mustache for a very brief period of time in my mid thirties, I've never left any facial hair on display. However, as I approached my sixties, my wife informed me that I had copied Andy Rooney's eyebrows and further stated I was sporting pretty robust crops of hair in my ear canals and my nostrils. Hence, as I complete my daily grooming rituals, on at least one or two days a week I give special attention to the cited problem areas. It must be working because life is good! ;)

Clintotron and mikel like this.
  5. Howard

Howard Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    Bayside
    I have a "Chewbacca" back hair thing going and a hairy chest but I don't maintain my nether regions at all because for me it will itch and burn like crazy so shaving down there would be a no-go and I just leave it alone so if women don't like it, tough bananas!

6. Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Mr. B. Scott Robinson Super Member

Karachi, Pakistan - Atlanta, Georgia
    United States
    Pakistan
    Karachi
    When my beard grows long, it makes me look like Moses, which is a look I don't favour.

I would shave my beard entirely, but since I carry some of my weight in my face, my beard tends to add definition and my square trim below my ears lends a masculine cut to my jaw line. A "face shaped"beard is typically a non-no, making the face too round and adding weight.

I think hair in the ears and long nose hair is unacceptable and shows a distinct lack of grooming acumen as well as a definite lack of self awareness.

As for the remainder, I don't have time to bother and have never had any comments, negative or positive, from the XX gender. I don't comment on theirs either, as I believe doing so is patently unwise.

Cheers,

BSR

Clintotron likes this.
  7. eagle2250

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    LOL. In my own defense I am compelled to point out that the overgrown eyebrows, and the ear and nose hair were not issues to be dealt with for the first five and a half decades of my life. Though over the past decade and a half the cited points of overgrowth are becoming increasingly problematic! The final solution may be a tiny weed whacker designed to fit into those restricted personal spaces...yes, no? LOL. ;)

Clintotron likes this.
  8. Howard

Howard Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    Bayside
    [​IMG]

How would a guy like me maintain this? Unless I wind up going to a waxer which might cost a lot of money for someone to do.

9. Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Mr. B. Scott Robinson Super Member

Karachi, Pakistan - Atlanta, Georgia
    United States
    Pakistan
    Karachi
    That is epic. A true manly pelt there. I would simply go shirtless and have all bow before me!

Cheers,

BSR

10. eagle2250

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    ^^Paraphrasing the character Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, "Oh my, this just isn't Kansas anymore Toto. That man has more hair on his back than you do!" LOL. :crazy:

Clintotron likes this.