New Jersey
Flanders
Most comprehensive I've encountered, complete with photo illustrations -

Fiddle Ben

Starting Member
United States
OH
Columbus
Thank you Flanderian. A fascinating read. I have bookmarked the link for future reference. The paradox of a good cobbler’s replacement being more gentle to the upper leather and canvas rib, yet typically making the shoe unserviceable at the factory will give me something to consider.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Thank you Flanderian. A fascinating read. I have bookmarked the link for future reference. The paradox of a good cobbler’s replacement being more gentle to the upper leather and canvas rib, yet typically making the shoe unserviceable at the factory will give me something to consider.
It certainly presents no easy choices. As was pointed out, the great benefit of using the original maker to refurbish is the availability of the original lasts, which no cobbler is going to have.

But yet, many over the years have reported here using B. Nelson and having been every bit as pleased by their results as a factory refurbishing. NickV is a principle with B. Nelson, and also an AAAC member. I'd double check this next bit for accuracy, but I'm pretty sure I recall his being asked if B. Nelson had a Goodyear welting machine, and he said they do not, but attach it by hand instead.

127.72 MHz

Advanced Member
United States
Oregon
Portland
^^ Nick has done at least a dozen resoles for me over the past several years. I'll be exploring this in more depth as a result of your post.

Thank you Flanderian.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
^^ Nick has done at least a dozen resoles for me over the past several years. I'll be exploring this in more depth as a result of your post.

Thank you Flanderian.
Quiet welcome!

Would wish to share your experiences with B. Nelson?

Ole Hickory

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
TN
Southeast
Probably the best local resource & only regional stockists of Sphir.
Potter & Sons is literal, it is helmed by a retired USAF Colonel & his two sons.
They get it & are not what you’d expect! They have a pair of my Alden’s at the moment.
OH

Cantaloop

Starting Member
India
Telangana
Hyderabad
Most comprehensive I've encountered, complete with photo illustrations -

Wow, what a read! So much information about re-soling that I had no idea about!

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts