Oldsport

United States
New Jersey
Swedesboro
Hello All. I would like to purchase either a Yellow or Tan Buttoned Sweater Vest (inspired by many Pintrest photos). Does anybody have a source? Not looking to spend a tone, sorry.

Thanks!

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Haven't shop for them in a long time, so I took a quick look and was shocked that I couldn't find any at Lands End or LL Bean - which used to be good go-to places for reasonably priced ones.

Check Uniqlo and Old Navy - no and no.

Also, checked Orvis and Press - no and no .

BB has some, but not in the colors you want.

O'Connell's has some, but they ain't cheap.

I'll keep thinking, but it's amazing how this once staple is clearly no longer popular.

Yates

Starting Member
United States
IL
Chicago
Hello All. I would like to purchase either a Yellow or Tan Buttoned Sweater Vest (inspired by many Pintrest photos). Does anybody have a source? Not looking to spend a tone, sorry.

Thanks!
WoolOvers might have what you're looking for. I bought a navy lambswool cardigan vest from them several years ago and it's held up well. Fairly scratchy, on par with Shetland wool, but it does the job.

http://www.woolovers.us/

ran23

United States
Oregon
Medford
I just wore my LL Bean yellow cardigan vest, brown leather button yesterday. PNW is getting chilly now.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders

Thanks!

1574743003615.png

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony

Troones

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
You could also check out Paul Fredrick. I purchased a white one from them last year and if I recall, they did have yellow as a selection. You won't spend a fortune there and the quality is decent.

EDIT: Sorry, you can disregard my advice. I just checked, and amazingly, they don't offer them this year! Leaving my post up to agree with Fading Fast about how strange it is that these are hard to find now. I think that full zip sweaters have taken their place in recent years.