Zonkey Boot MTO

meanoldmanning

United States
Ohio
Akron
Anybody here gone through the process? I'm a little weirded out by the requirement for a bank transfer for the deposit, kind of makes my eye twitch. Any experience here?

meanoldmanning

United States
Ohio
Akron
Not a chance I would risk that.
Yeah, I hear ya. For some reason they allow you to purchase stock items via PayPal or credit card, but MTO, group MTO in this case is bank transfer. Not very comfortable with that.

espressocycle

United States
PA
Philadelphia
Have you looked into Santalum? They make some really nice stuff. I was considering ordering a pair of their beautiful take on the Alden 405 in chromexcel. It would have been $290 + $40 for shipping and they tailor the shoe to the outline of your foot, which makes it a bit more custom.

meanoldmanning

United States
Ohio
Akron
Have you looked into Santalum? They make some really nice stuff. I was considering ordering a pair of their beautiful take on the Alden 405 in chromexcel. It would have been $290 + $40 for shipping and they tailor the shoe to the outline of your foot, which makes it a bit more custom.
I'm currently in the process of participating in the GMTO over on Reddit GYW sub for the ZB 048 wholecut derby boot

https://instagram.com/p/_ye-zgvekM/

The requirement to pay vie bank transfer is giving me pause. I get were Zonkey would rather avoid people contesting payment on something made to order, but the whole transfer thing is a bit much.

Last edited:

meanoldmanning

United States
Ohio
Akron
I believe the bootmaker is a Nigerian Prince. He inherited a large sum of money, however due to banking laws in Nigeria.........
Haha! That was my exact feeling! They are a legit company though, started by the guy who started St Cripin iirc

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
Isn't a zonkey a cross between a zebra and a donkey?

immanuelrx

Belgium
Hainaut
Jurbise
I don't see the problem. If you are that worried about it, I suggest something I started doing. I have an account just for online purchases and travel. I transfer money on my phone whenever I need to use it. Your bank shouldn't charge you to add another account and you can only put money in it if you are about to purchase something.

meanoldmanning

United States
Ohio
Akron
I don't see the problem. If you are that worried about it, I suggest something I started doing. I have an account just for online purchases and travel. I transfer money on my phone whenever I need to use it. Your bank shouldn't charge you to add another account and you can only put money in it if you are about to purchase something.

I've never encountered this requirement before, so yeah, a little trepidation.