deanayer

United States
CT
Milford
Prince Phillip looks great in white tie as always, Zuma looks like a disaster.

The photos are great, the article makes me feel bad the Queen had to suffer through all that.

Earl of Ormonde

Connoisseur
Sweden
Värmland
Värmland
Phillip is wearing the correct garment for white tie, what do you mean by "overcoat" are you implying that it's too big on him?

Earl of Ormonde

Connoisseur
Sweden
Värmland
Värmland
Prince Phillip looks great in white tie as always,

The photos are great, the article makes me feel bad the Queen had to suffer through all that.
I agree, he does look good, apart from his slouching posture. And I hate to think what clangers he made this time about Africa and black people.
He is a total arse when it comes to speaking to non-whites, his idea of humour is always offensive.

arthur

Argentina
buenos aires
buenos aires
Scroll down the article to see the overcoat with top hat and striped trousers.

arthur

Argentina
buenos aires
buenos aires
My point, as made in first post, was to query if it is replacing a morning coat? I have not previously seen a silk topper with striped trousers and an overcoat as formal wear.

Earl of Ormonde

Connoisseur
Sweden
Värmland
Värmland
My point, as made in first post, was to query if it is replacing a morning coat? I have not previously seen a silk topper with striped trousers and an overcoat as formal wear.
Of course it isn't replacing a morning coat. Can't you see that they're outdoors and that he's wearing a red tie? He is wearing an overcoat outdoors on top of his other jacket. As overcoats are always worn, on top of other clothes outdoors!

Last edited:

arthur

Argentina
buenos aires
buenos aires
So he's wearing a stroller, or a very striped suit?

Phileas Fogg

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Italy
ND
Rome
With a top hat chances are that Prince Philip is wearing a morning coat.
Yours,

Phileas Fogg

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts